HUI PENG, MD
Durham Research Center II
985930 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5930
UNMC Today - April 26, 2011
Keywords: neural stem cell behavior, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV-1-associated dementia
Meet UNMC New Investigator Hui Peng, M.D.
Research Summary: By examining the effect of brain inflammatory factors on neural stem cell function, we can evaluate the role of disrupted adult neurogenesis in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases. In the long term, this research will help to identify potential targets for therapeutic intervention for these diseases.
top of page
- Wu Y, Peng H, Cui M, Whitney NP, Huang Y, Zheng JC. CXCL12 increases human neural progenitor cell proliferation through Akt-1/FOXO3a signaling pathway. J Neurochem. 2009 109(4):1157-67 PMCID: PMC2679099
- Whitney N., Eidem T., Peng, H, Huang, Y, Zheng, J. Inflammation mediates varying effects in neurogenesis: Relevance to the pathogenesis of brain injury and neurodegenerative disorders. J. Neurochem. 2009 Mar;108(6)1343-59 PMCID: PMC2707502
- Whitney N, Peng H, Erdmann N, Monaghan D and Zheng J. Calcium-permeable AMPA receptors containing Q/R-unedited GluR2 directs human neural progenitor cells differentiation to neurons. FASEB Journal 2008 Aug; 22(8): 2888-900 PMCID:2493446
- Tian C, Erdmann N, Zhao J, Cao Z, Peng H, Zheng J. HIV-infected macrophages mediate neuronal apoptosis through mitochondrial glutaminase. J Neurochem. 2008 May; 105(3): 994-1005. PMCID: PMC2614440
- Peng H, Whitney N, Wu Y, Tian C, Dou H, Zhou Y and Zheng J. HIV-1-infected and/or immune activated macrophage-secreted TNF-α affects human fetal cortical neural progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation. Glia. 2008 Jun; 56(8): 903-16 PMCID: PMC2644639
- Peng H, Kolb R, and Zheng J. Differential expression of SDF-1 and CXCR4 during human neural progenitor cell differentiation. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol (2007) 2: 251-258. PMCID: PMC2169289
top of page