|top of page
Other experience and professional membership:
- Secretary/Treasurer, Molecular Pharmacology Division, American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2007-2008
- Member, Executive Committee of the Molecular Pharmacology Division, American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2005-2007
- Member, Committee on Graduate Recruitment and Education, American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2001-present
- Member, Subcommittee on Graduate Student Convocations, Committee on Education, American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2000-2001
- Organizer for "The G Whizzards of GPCR and G Protein Signaling", Molecular Pharmacology Division Special Centennial Symposium, Experimental Biology 2008
- Co-Organizer and Co-Chair, Graduate Student Colloquium at Experimental Biology 2006, San Francisco, on "Pointers for Getting Your Point Across: Strategies for Effective Communication"
- Organizer and Chair, ASPET Mini-Symposium for Experimental Biology 2005, San Diego, CA, on "Lysophosphatidic Acid: From Membranes to Mediator to Medicine"
- Steering Committee Member and Session Chair, Respiratory Symposium on "Combination Therapy in COPD" to be held September 2004
- Organizer and Co-Chair, ASPET Graduate Student Colloquium at Experimental Biology 2004 meeting, Washington, DC, on "Preserving and Promoting our Discipline"
top of page
Books and book chapters:
- Peng, H., N. Whitney, K. Tang, M. Toews and J. Zheng. Stem cells and neurogenesis in brain development and therapy for neurodegenerative disorders. In: Neuroimmune Pharmacology eds T. Ikezu and H.E. Gendelman. Springer, New York, Chapter 13, p. 151-170 (2008)
- D. B. Bylund, J. D. Deupree, and M. L. Toews. Radioligand binding methods for membrane preparations and intact cells. In: GPCR Signal Transduction Protocols, also Methods in Molecular Biology Volume 259, edited by G. B. Willars and R. A. Challiss, Totowa, NJ:Humana Press, p. 1-28 (2004)
- Toews, M.L., T.L. Ediger, D.J. Romberger and S.I. Rennard. Lysophosphatidic acid in airway function and disease. In: Biochim. Biophys. Acta (Special Review Volume on Lysophospholipids) 1582:240-250 (2002).
- Toews, M.L. Radioligand binding assays for G-protein-coupled receptor internalization. In: Regulation of G Protein-Coupled Receptor Function and Expression (Ed. J.L. Benovic) John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, pp. 199-230 (2000).
- Cerutis, R., J.D. Deupree, D.A. Heck, S.J. Zhu, M.L. Toews and D.B. Bylund. Differential regulation of alpha-2 adrenergic receptor subtypes by norepinephrine and buffers. In Alpha2-Adrenergic Receptors: Structure, Function and Therapeutic Implications (Ed. S. Lanier and L. Limbird) Gordon and Breach, London, pp. 103-112 (1996).
top of page