academy of student pharmacists
The UNMC chapter of the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) is the largest professional pharmacy student organization on campus and is one of the most recognized chapters in the country. Our chapter has over 90% student membership and has received numerous national awards, including the 2004 Region 5 Operation Diabetes Award and Certificate of Recognition, the 2003-2004 Chapter Achievement Award Program Certificate of Recognition, and the 2004 Operation Immunization Certificate of Recognition.
The mission of the APhA-ASP is to be the collective voice of pharmacy students, to provide opportunities for professional growth, and to envision and actively promote the future of pharmacy. As an organization for students preparing to enter the pharmacy profession, the goals of APhA-ASP include the following:
- State the APhA-ASP’s official position on important pharmacy issues as voted on by the APhA-
- ASP chapters at the APhA-ASP House of Delegates
- Provide a united voice for all pharmacy students
- Provide students with the support necessary to lobby local state and national political issues
- Provide support for changes in the academic arena.
Officers & Advisor for 2013-2014
|Vice President||Michael Crowe|
|Chapter Publicist||Jenalee Schwab|
|Chapter Delegate||Jenna Keller|
|Patient Care Coordinator||Amy Mayer|
|Faculty Advisor||Mr. John Ridgway|