In chronological order
- Besides advertising for a postdoc position with Jobs@, please send the ad to us for posting on our website.
- Remind PIs to verify degrees and information on a prospective postdoc CV before sending the letter of offer.
- Work with the International Student Office for visas, etc. for International Postdocs.
- Refer prospective postdocs to our website and the Postdoctoral Scholar Handbook for information regarding salary, benefits, and obtaining a driver’s license, social security number etc.
- Let the candidate know Human Resources orientation must be completed upon arrival.
- Sign the candidate up for the postdoctoral education orientation (offered twice a year).
- Ask them to complete one of the RCR requirements (the CITI test, tab) within the first month of their arrival and send their certificate to the postdoctoral office. Retain a copy for the department.
- Sign up for RCR seminar (offered twice ayear)
- Remind postdoc and mentor about the annual evaluation a month before reappointment. Note: Completion of RCR training and annual evaluation form is mandatory for reappointment.
- Remind them of training opportunities available on the campus.
Mentoring at UNMC
Postdoctoral Training Checklist
Salary & Benefits
Training & Certification
- Information for New Postdocs
- International Scholars
- Postdoc Categories
- Mentoring at UNMC