Getting involved with student groups is an excellent way to enhance and develop your leadership and organizational skills. Depending upon the type of organization and your role, you can gain the following job-related experience:
- Strategic planning
- Budget management, fundraising and grant writing
- Program development, implementation and evaluation
- Interprofessional collaboration and communication
- Needs assessment
- Written and verbal communication skills, via reports and presentations
- Meeting and event planning
- Topic-specific expertise
- And more!
Each year, COPH students are elected to the COPH Student Association Executive Board, and to the UNMC Student Senate—all are great ways to get involved! Periodically, students are also nominated to serve on various COPH Committees (i.e. Curriculum Committee).
Have an interest, but don’t see a group that matches that interest? No problem! You can work with the COPH Student Association to plan something, or even form your own subgroup, if there are other students with similar interest.
Message from the Director
Job Search Services
Public Health Fellowships
External Job Databases
- Public Health Job Opportunities
- Professional Development for COPH Students