Department of Health Services Research and Administration
Center for Global Health and Development
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2010-Present Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research Administration, and Center for Global Health and Development, UNMC
- 2010-Present Program Lead, MetaPhor (Mobile Emerging Technologies and Population Health Outcomes Research), COPH, UNMC
- 2007-2010 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Information Systems, UMBC, Baltimore
- 2007-2010 Research Director, Consortium for Information Technology and Health Outcomes Research, Baltimore
- 2007-2010 Affiliate Appointment, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. Baltimore VA.
- 2007-2010 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UMB, Baltimore
- 2004-2007 Faculty Research Associate, tenure track, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, UMB, Baltimore
- 2002-2003 Consultant Cambridge Public Health Department, Cambridge, MA.
- PhD Public Health Informatics, School of Biomedical Informatics University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Fall 2011
- Certificate. Public Health Informatics, University of Maryland, College Park, 2007
- MPH Public Health, Boston University, Boston 2003
- MD Medicine, GGSMC Medical College, India, 1999
- Human centered GeoVisualization
- Multifaceted informatics Interventions to support chronic care.
- Computer mediated Health Education and Health Promotion
- Mobile Health and Telehealth
- Technology evaluation and Health Outcomes
- International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine (IJCMAM).
- International Journal of Public Health Informatics
Selected Publications (of the selected 43 peer reviewed Journal Publications)
- A Joshi and Elicia Preslan. Risk Factors for Bladder Cancer: Challenges of Conducting a Literature Search using PubMed. Perspect Health Inf Manag. 2011 Apr 1; 8:1e
- A Joshi, M Novaes, S Iyengar, Machiavelli JL, Zhang J, Vogler R and Hsu C. Ed. Evaluating Telehealth program in Brazil: Lessons learned from Participant Satisfaction perspective towards Teleeducation Services. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 2011
- Rihn JA, Kane J, Joshi A, Albert TJ, Vaccaro AR, Harrop J, Anderson DG, Hilibrand AS. Gastroesophageal reflux following anterior cervical surgery: A controlled, prospective analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011 Mar 14
- A Joshi, Aryya Gangopadhyay., et al. A clustering method to study the loss of kidney functions following kidney transplantation. International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology. 2010 – 3 (1/2): 64 - 82
- A Joshi. Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in subjects with osteoarthritis stratified by age and sex: a cross sectional analysis in NHANES III. International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithm in Medicine. 2010; 1 (1): 61-73.
- A Joshi, Mohit Arora, Liwei Dai, Kathleen Price, Lisa Vizer, Andrew Sears. Usability of a Patient Education and Motivation tool using Heuristic Evaluation. Journal of Medical Internet Research. J Med Internet Res. 2009 Nov 6;11(4):e47
- A Joshi, Richard Lichenstein, Mohit Arora, Andrew Sears. Prospective tracking of a Pediatric Emergency Department E-kiosk to deliver Asthma Education. Health Informatics Journal. 2009 Vol. 15(4): 282-295
- A Joshi, Richard Lichenstein, James King, Mohit Arora and Salwa Khan. Evaluation of a Computer-based Patient Education and Motivation Tool on Knowledge, Attitudes and Practice towards Influenza Vaccination. International Electronic Journal of Health Education, 2009; 12:1-15
- A Joshi Diane Smith, Mohit Arora and Robert Poston. Anticoagulant monitoring in Ventricular Assist Device Patients: A feasibility study. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2008 Dec; 7(6):1035-8
- A Joshi, Mohit Arora, Dongsong Zhang, Michael D Wah and Javad Parvizi. A Prototype Evaluation of a Computer-Assisted Physical Therapy System for Osteoarthritis Patients: A Pilot Study. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy. 2008 Aug. 31 (2); 71-78
- A Joshi, Anita Komlodi and Mohit Arora. School nurses’ perceived barriers to diabetes knowledge, communication and management in children with type 1 diabetes. School Nurse News. 2008 May; 25(3):24-9.
- A Joshi Richard Lichenstein; Rafei Keyvan, Bakar Adnan, Arora Mohit. A Pilot Study to evaluate self initiated computer patient education in children with acute Asthma in Pediatric Emergency Department. Technol Health Care. 2007; 15 (6):433-44
- Wali RK, Mohanlal V, Ramos E, Blahut S, Drachenberg C, Papadimitriou J, Dinits M, A Joshi, Philosophe B, Foster C, Cangro C, Nogueira J, Cooper M, Bartlett ST, Weir MR.. Early withdrawal of calcineurin inhibitors and rescue immunosuppression with Sirolimus-based therapy in Renal Transplant recipients. American Journal of Transplantation. 2007 June 7 (6), 1572–1583
- A Joshi, Magder LS, Kon Z, Kallam S, Kwon M, Sangrampurkar R, Pierson R, Poston R. Association between prothrombin activation fragment (F1.2), cerebral ischemia (S-100beta) and international normalized ratio (INR) in patients with ventricular assisted devices. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2007 Jun; 6(3):323-7
- American Public Health Association
- American Medical Informatics Association
- American Telemedicine Association
984341 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4341