We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team of researchers that will launch the new regenerative medicine program. UNMC is a world-class health science center and is an international destination for top educators, researchers, clinicians and students — as well as patients seeking advanced care. UNMC is widely known for its programs in transplantation, cancer research, genetics, and bioterrorism preparedness. The regenerative medicine program will focus on novel translational approaches that will strengthen UNMC’s already renowned research curriculum. By uniting interdisciplinary researchers we seek to work collaboratively to advance our research into new, life-saving cures in 21st-century medicine.
Highlights within the regenerative medicine program at UNMC:
- Enjoy competitive compensation/benefits (continued salary support)
- Extensive and generous start up package.
- 25,000 square feet of new laboratory and office space.
- State of the art facilities
- UNMC has more than 3,400 students and is known for leadership, advocacy and innovation.
- Collaborative efforts with UNMC clinical research, surrounding hospitals and physicians including Creighton University and Children’s Hospital.
- A focus on translational research with access to patients and opportunities for clinical samples and investigation.
For this unique opportunity the newly established regenerative medicine program, at the UNMC, is seeking Faculty candidates with a specialty in Regenerative Medicine. These are full time academic positions with rank dependent upon qualifications.
The ideal applicant should have a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree with postdoctoral training in a related field such as intestinal cell biology, liver, bioengineering, cardiovascular regeneration or stem cell differentiation. Candidates should have a successful record of research accomplishments including publications, presentations and extramural funding.
Successful applicants are expected to provide leadership in the establishment of an interdisciplinary regenerative medicine research project. The candidate will be expected to establish an innovative, extramurally funded research program, including carrying out and publishing original research as well as contributing to teaching and service activities within the University. This person will work collaboratively with other scientists throughout UNMC.
Benefits @ UNMC!
As a new member of Regenerative Medicine you will get to enjoy brand new laboratory space in the newly constructed Durham Research Center. Here at UNMC, researchers work with excellent, world-renowned, physicians and have multiple opportunities for translational research.
UNMC takes pride in their employees, this is seen in the multiple benefits and programs offered to each staff member! For more information please visit the UNMC Human Resources/Employment webpage.
The Omaha Community
- Vibrant Omaha Metro of 840,000+ residents has a perfect blend of big city amenities and Midwest hospitality
- Voted one of America’s “Best Places to Live, Work and Play” by Kiplinger’s Magazine
- Low cost of living, excellent shopping, and over 2,000 restaurants
- Enjoy the lively downtown district, historic Old Market area, scenic riverfront with 10,500 acres of picturesque park land
- With everything from a world-class zoo to the College World Series to the nation’s largest community theater there’s something for everyone!
Please visit the followings websites for more information about the Big “O!”