SPAdmin’s purpose is three-fold:
- To facilitate a principal investigators’ pursuit and management of external funding
- To protect UNMC as an organization that is subject to the requirements of the Board of Regents; federal, state, and local agencies; and regulatory bodies
- To support UNMC’s efforts to improve the health of Nebraska through premier educational programs, innovative research, the highest quality patient care, and outreach to underserved populations
SPAdmin is under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for Research and is organized as follows:
- Assistant Director
- Grants and Sub-Contracts team
- Industry-Sponsored Contracts team
- Clinical Research Financial Compliance staff
Effective sponsored project management is a collaborative effort among:
- Principal investigators
- Departmental administrators
- Sponsored Programs Administration
- Sponsored Programs Accounting
Principal investigators are responsible for leading and directing the project, intellectually and logistically.
Departmental administrators are responsible for assisting principal investigators with the completion of internal and external, paper and electronic forms.
Sponsored Programs Administration is responsible for reviewing and submitting applications, agreements, and modifications.
Sponsored Programs Accounting is responsible for preparing and submitting to sponsors financial reports and invoices.
Sponsored Programs Administration recognizes that departmental capacity and principal investigator preference for administrative tasks vary, but in general at UNMC, departmental administrators, Sponsored Programs Administration, and Sponsored Programs Accounting focus on the administrative aspects of sponsored projects so that principal investigators can focus on the programmatic aspects.