UNMC Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA)
Welcome to the UNMC Sponsored Programs Administration (SPAdmin) homepage. SPAdmin offers services to faculty and grant administrators to support their pursuit and management of external funding. What's new?
SPAdmin is the official authorized signature authority of UNMC for sponsored program grants and contracts. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting faculty and administrators complete external applications based on the policies and procedures of the university and sponsors
- Negotiating final terms for government and non-profit grants, contracts, and subcontracts
- Reviewing and approving budgets and applications to outside sponsors
- Establishing accounts and set up budgets for all federal, non-profit, and for-profit awarded grants and contracts based on sponsor regulation
- Processing budget revisions, no-cost extension requests, and grant transfers
- Maintaining the grant and contract database and tracking pending and funded projects
- UNMC has successfully negotiated new F&A rates for federal sponsored projects. Effective immediately, the new federal rates apply to all new submissions and new awards with start dates of January 15, 2013, and beyond.
- On December 31, 2012, Cayuse 424 will become UNMC’s web-based tool for preparing and submitting NIH applications to grants.gov. In addition, Cayuse will support submissions to most other federal agencies, including HRSA, AHRQ, CDMRP, and NSF.
Sponsored Programs Administration
987835 Nebraska Medical Center
Academic and Research Services Building
Omaha, NE 68198-7835
Phone: (402) 559-7456
Fax: (402) 559-2957