Biofeedback: Frequently Asked Questions
- How long has Biofeedback been around?
Biofeedback became popular in the late 1960’s. The term “Biofeedback” was used to describe laboratory procedures being used to train research subjects to alter bodily functions such as blood pressure and heart rate – which are not usually controlled voluntarily.
- Who can come to try "Biofeedback"?
Biofeedback sessions are available to all UNMC students and faculty.
- Does it cost anything to come for "Biofeedback"?
No. This is a free service.
- How can I make an appointment?
Call the Student Counseling Office at 402-559-7276. Appointments are available Monday 9:00-12:00, Tuesday 10:00-6:00, and Wednesday 1:00-6:00.
- What kind of stress-related symptoms are helped with Biofeedback?
We do not treat medical conditions. However, Biofeedback and Relaxation training improve headaches, stomach distress, muscular tension, insomnia, pain, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, excessive worry, or feeling overwhelmed.
- How many times should I come before I notice a difference?
Results vary from a couple sessions to several sessions. The severity of symptoms and how regularly the techniques are practiced determine the number of sessions.