Annual UNMC Health Care Career Day 2014
This spring, UNMC Recruitment and Student Engagement will host a Health Care Career Day to interested juniors (Family and Consumer Sciences/Chemistry/AP biology/chemistry classes, career counselors, etc.) in the Omaha area for the opportunity to learn about health education/research programs offered at UNMC. On this day, students will learn more about preparing for specific health career programs after selecting three areas of interest.
The spring Health Care Career Day will be held on May 13th 2014 from 8:15am to 2:15pm. Our programs are eager to share program information with interested high school students.
If your student group would like to attend the upcoming UNMC Health Care Career Day, registration is required. Registration must be completed by the school faculty member or group sponsor.
There will be a $5 fee assessed for each participant to cover the cost of lunch. Due to the large number of schools invited, space will be limited to 15 students per school. Space is available for the first 200 participants who register.
Registration will close two weeks prior to the event or when registrants reach the maximum number of students that can be accommodated.
Students can choose 3 of these areas to learn more about:
To Register for Career Day:
- Follow instructions on the registration page.
- Make sure each student form is complete. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Each student should choose 3 health professions they want to learn more about.
- Cost $5 per student and a $5 charge for each adult.
Make all payments payable to: UNMC.
Send money orders or checks only. Please DO NOT SEND CASH! For student fee waivers, please contact our office for instructions.
- Send all student registrations for your school and complete payment in one package to:
UNMC – Recruitment and Student Engagement
984275 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4275
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Career Day coordinators, at 402-559-3809 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. E-mail us with questions anytime at email@example.com
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
- Rural Health Opportunities Program (RHOP)
Youth Learning Center
- College Night 2014
- Prepared Kids: First Aid Training for Elementary School Children
Youth Learning Center Dates to Remember
Youth Learning Center Programs
Apply Now for UNMC Youth Learning Center Programs
- Directions to Youth Learning Center
- UNMC Community Academy
8th Grade Health Science Meet
Participating Schools and Organizations
Bellevue Middle Schools
Gretna Middle Schools
Holdredge Summer Honors Program
Louisville Middle Schools
Lourdes Central Catholic School, Nebraska City
Missouri Valley Community Schools
Oak Valley Elementary
Papillion / La Vista Middle Schools
Summer Health Professions Career Workshop
UNMC Community Academy/HOSA
- Bellevue Middle Schools
Youth Learning Center in the News
- Our Impact
Student Perspectives: Sharing the Journey
UNMC Annual Health Care Career Days
Special Native American Residency Policy
- International Student Handbook
- UNMC Outreach
- Recruitment & Student Engagement Staff
Contact Recruitment & Student Engagement