Tutorial Services are available for academic assistance for most first and second year UNMC registered students. (COM students are encouraged to contact their administration office.) These services are available free of charge and are located in Recruitment & Student Engagement on the second floor of the Student Life Center. Recruitment & Student Engagement is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the regular academic year.
Ways to request a tutor:
- Contact a faculty member and the faculty member will contact the College Tutor Coordinator or for those colleges and schools who do not have a coordinator RSE.
- Contact College Tutor Coordinator directly for assistance.
- Submit a tutor request form and the tutor disclosure form online through Recruitment and Student Engagement
- Once a request has been made, the College Tutor Coordinator or for those colleges and schools who do not have a coordinator. RSE will contact a tutor who will in turn, contact the student to schedule a tutoring individually/group session.
Students are encouraged to inquire about tutorial services early in the semester to facilitate identification of a tutor.**Please note that all requests need to be done online. The student and College Tutor Coordinator, or for those colleges and schools who do not have a coordinator RSE, will both receive the request via email.
- Students may not request tutors for more than 2 courses a semester, or for peer tutoring services that exceed 4 hours/week/course. Students may not request assistance for courses which they are auditing.
- Students requesting tutoring assistance through RSE must agree to release mid-term and final grades to RSE staff for the purposes of program evaluation. This form can be found online through RSE tutoring.
- Tutee or tutors should contact their College Tutor Coordinator or for those colleges and schools who do not have a coordinator RSE as soon as possible if the tutoring relationship is not acceptable.