- 20 working days paid vacation.
- Professional leave with pay for approved meetings.
- Sick leave--six months accrual after two years of employment.
- Comprehensive group health coverage at reduced rates.
- Low-rate automatic eligibility disability coverage available.
- Four lab coats provided at university expense at the beginning of residency.
- Laundering of lab coats provided.
- $100 house officer educational appropriation for departments.
- Travel money for residents investigating practice locations in Nebraska.
- Reimbursement for travel to and from required training sites more than 25 miles from the Medical Center.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support course fees paid by the Medical Center.
- Parking spaces near the emergency entrance for house officers on call who need to come in after working hours.
- Preferential eligibility for parking.
- Evening and breakfast meal allowance while on call at University Hospital.
House Officer I $51,537
House Officer II $53,258
House Officer III $55,429
House Officer IV $57,405
House Officer V $59,415
House Officer VI $61,332