The mission of the Division of Neurosurgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is to provide superior patient-centered neurosurgical care in an educational setting. Clinical excellence will be achieved through the application of new technology and techniques combined with proven methods, experience, commitment, and compassion. The Division will contribute to the service, education, and research missions of the University of Nebraska Medical Center. The Division will offer high quality neurosurgical training that will allow its graduates to excel as neurological surgeons.
The Division of Neurosurgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is responsible for the treatment of congenital and acquired disorders of the brain, spine and spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system in the adult and pediatric patient. Our neurosurgeons provide state-of-the-art care to patients throughout Nebraska and the Midwest.
Our special areas of expertise include:
- General neurosurgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Cerebrovascular/Endovascular Surgery
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Peripheral nerve abnormalities
- Spinal disorders
- Stereotactic/Functional Neurosurgery, including deep brain stimulation
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for tumors, vascular abnormalities, and pain
- Neurosurgical pain therapies, e.g., spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulation
- Movement disorders, e.g., Parkinson's disease, tremor, spasticity
To schedule an appointment in our clinic, please call 402-559-8600.