About the Researcher Users Group (RUG)
"IT for Researchers" user group was formed in March 2009. The purpose of this group is to share information, resources and training focusing on a variety topics that will help address technical skills related to research. There will be two tiers of skills, one for graduate students/researchers/faculty doing the research, and another for grant administrators/support staff. Click here to register or email email@example.com to register.
- Data Storage for Research – Ashok Mudgapalli, PhD., UNMC's first director of research information technology, will present "Data Storage for Research" on November 13 from 2:00-2:50 p.m. in Sorrell 2018. UNMC Research IT Office is offering various options for storing data, based on data type (HIPAA vs non-HIPAA), storage location (onsite, offsite, and cloud), data backup and replication, and cost. This presentation also talks about current UNMC data storage practices and recommended best practices.
- PowerPoint Presentation - PDF format (one slide per page)
- PowerPoint handout - PDF format (2 slides per page)
- Recording of Presentation
- ADIS - Academic Department Information System on - contact Lori Clapper (firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance)
- Information Technology Services education link
Clinical & Translational Research Seminar Series
- Research Users Group
- Nebraska INBRE Program
- Postdoctoral Education
- Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA)
- Student Research