Faculty, employees, students and other institutional representatives at UNMC, TNMC, Clarkson Hospital, Bellevue Medical Center and UNO are required to complete human subjects research training via the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) if they will be working on a research project that involves human subjects.
- CITI is accessed from the internet.
- The course is presented as several modules with a brief quiz at the end of each module to assess understanding of the material.
- A cumulative passing score of 75% is required for successful completion and is valid for a period of 3 years at which time a refresher course must be taken.
- It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the Basic course. The training does not have to be completed in one sitting however, but can be spread out over time if needed.
For all questions regarding CITI training, please contact Jenny Kucera. Click the link at right to access the CITI Program testing site.
Detailed instructions for accessing and taking the CITI Training tests
UNMC On-Line Training Modules
Please follow the instructions below to log into Employee Services and complete any outstanding compliance training requirements.
- Login using your Outlook user ID and password.
- Click on my requirements located in the menu under My Records ->Training & Certification
- A listing of your Training & Certification courses will appear. Those with a green check have been completed.
- Click on the name of a training requirement to be completed.
- You will be prompted to log into Blackboard using the same User ID and Password as above.
- Once you are logged into Blackboard, click on the course name then follow the instructions to view the course materials and complete the appropriate tests.
- Remember to click SUBMIT to finalize your test.
FAQ's for these Compliance Areas:
BioSafety Level 3
OHS Animal Contact
Select Agents & Toxins
UNMC Compliance Policy