At UNMC, we are dedicated to the personal and professional well-being of our 1,400+ faculty members. We strive to create a vibrant, inclusive environment in which faculty members flourish and achieve their career goals, becoming leaders locally and nationally.
In an effort to provide faculty with the support they need, we offer a variety of services including:
- A mentoring program to help faculty navigate through all aspects of their career
- Faculty development opportunities to build their skills in clinical and classroom teaching, research, leadership and scholarship
- An Ombuds Team of impartial, confidential consultants who help resolve conflicts informally
- Support from the Office of Equity, which ensures fair, equitable treatment and practices apply to everyone in our community
- An Interprofessional Academy of Educators to provide faculty with a direct connection to a community of scholars