The UNMC Impact in Education Awards are the highest education-related awards conferred by UNMC. The seven awards recognize the dedication and ingenuity of our educators. Award categories include innovation, leadership, mentorship, service, interprofessional education, research, and sustained achievement. Learn more about the awards.
The honors are:
- Varner Educator Laureate (highest honor)
- Innovative Practices in Education
- Visionary Leadership in Education
- Inspirational Mentor of Educators
- Valor in Educational Service
- Interprofessional Education Scholar
- Research in Education Scholar
Recipients receive award funds for professional development, recognition at the annual award ceremony, and their name displayed on a plaque in the Academic Affairs office. The awards are sponsored by the Office of Academic Affairs, and the selection process and ceremony are facilitated by the Interprofessional Academy of Educators.