An alliance for an accepting, inclusive culture
To learn more about the UNMC & Nebraska Medicine LGBTQ+ Employee Alliance Group and how you can get involved, please email us.
Stay up to date on LGBTQ+ Employee Alliance events, initiatives, and announcements with our monthly newsletter. Email us to be added to the LGBTQ+ Employee Alliance newsletter.
The UNMC & Nebraska Medicine LGBTQ+ Employee Alliance Group strives to promote an accepting and diverse culture across the enterprise. In addition to providing mentoring and peer support to LGBTQ+ community members at UNMC & Nebraska Medicine, our activities aim to promote the well-being of LGBTQ+ faculty, students, and staff, as well as to facilitate on-campus educational efforts regarding LGBTQ+ issues.
Membership to the group is open and encouraged for all UNMC and Nebraska Medicine employees. Whether you're a member of the LGBTQ+ community or one of our supporters, all are welcome!
Also be sure to watch this video of Chancellor Gold discussing the LGBTQ+ Employee Alliance Group.
Our goals are to:
- Be inclusive and welcome the involvement of LGBTQ+ community members and allies alike.
- Mentor faculty and staff at UNMC and Nebraska Medicine.
- Strengthen a safe and inclusive environment in which to work and learn.
- Promote diversity across the University of Nebraska system and within the local community.
- Serve as an educational and information-sharing resource.
- Aid in recruitment and retention of quality faculty and staff.
- Support advocacy and activism efforts.