The Higher Learning Commission Assessment Academy (HLC Assessment Academy) is a four-year workshop focused on helping participants accelerate and advance efforts to assess and improve student learning at their own institutions. Academies are designed to help build institution-wide commitment to and engagement in assessing and improving student learning. In Fall 2017, UNMC officially enrolled in the HLC Assessment Academy.
The UNMC Assessment Academy Team (UNMC-AAT) is compromised of five representatives representing different campus units and are members of the Fall 2017-2021 Academy cohort.
- Kelly Caverzagie, MD, College of Medicine, Associate Professor, Associate Dean for Educational Strategy | Email
- Dean Collier, PharMD, BCPS, College of Pharmacy, Clinical Associate Professor | Email
- Teresa Hultquist, PhD, RN, PHCNS-BC, NE-BC, College of Nursing, Director of Evaluation | Email
- Luther Mardock, MA Ed, Academic Affairs, Accreditation and Assessment Coordinator | Email
- Kendra Schmid, PhD, Assistant Dean (Graduate Studies), Campus Director of Assessment (Academic Affairs) | Email
- Ong Vang, MA (Team Lead), Academic Affairs, Accreditation & Assessment Specialist | Email
The UNMC-AAT initially considered focusing their Fall 2017 Academy project on improving student learning in teamwork. In 2018, the team shifted its focus to the ILO initiative due to the recognized value in establishing ILOs. The UNMC-AAT serves a secondary role as the ILO Steering Committee. Duties of the ILO Steering Committee includes developing the overall strategy of the ILO initiative, collaborating with different UNMC constituents to advance the progress of the ILO initiative, and presenting project progress and outcomes to the HLC Assessment Academy.