Simulation

Survey SAYS:

Below are the responses received from our questions posed in November/December. IAE Simulation Interest Group Survey Responses-Nine Respondents   Have you been involved in the creation of simulation training for students? If so, elaborate.   no Yes-both POE grant work and National grants PT and joint Nursing/PT simulation activities-created with colleagues from PT and Nursing as well as PT clinician and clinical skills lab personnel. … Continue Reading

Premier Education Banquet

Don’t forget to come to the Premier Education Banquet-1st floor Sorrell Health Science Building TUESDAY, August 15th 12-2 Free Lunch Instructional program on Critical Thinking

Simulation Interest Group Monthly Meetings

I can’t believe it is the end of July already! I know that the Interest Group has been taking a break from meeting during the summer months but I want to take this time to get ready for the coming year. The Interest Group AUGUST Meeting will be the PREMIER EDUCATIONAL BANQUET  held on August 15th from 12-2.  I encourage all members of the interest… Continue Reading

Debriefing Model Presentation

Want to thank all three presenters that provided insight into 3 differing Debriefing models today.  We had a lively discussion.  If you would like to read the articles, links are published on a prior discussion board thread under the April meeting information.

Simulation Interest Group Project Sign-up

We need members of the Simulation interest group to SIGN-UP to help with one of our service projects.   The group has selected one large and two smaller service projects for this year.  We need volunteers to be willing to work within work groups to get these projects underway.  The large project is to DEVELOP Learning opportunities for the Art of Debriefing in Simulation.   The… Continue Reading

April Simulation Interest Group Activities

During our meeting on April , we will provide facilitator lead discussions on the articles listed below.   We look to the group to join in the discussion of these articles. Additionally during the April meeting Dr. Sue Wilhelm will be referring to the video linked below and using the DASH checklist for her presentation. Please VIEW the video PRIOR to the meeting- UNMC WND Ward… Continue Reading

2016-2017 Outcomes

The ETC Special Interest Group will need to collectively decide on a 2016-2017 outcome. Below are some ideas which have been presented: a. Canvas b. Portfolios What is your suggestions?