In July 2020, the College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) solidified efforts to become a more diverse and inclusive college under the direction of Jan Tompkins, Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, and a D & I Committee of faculty, staff, and students. Students may work with some of the subcommittees but also have their own committee.
The kickoff activity was a presentation by Inclusive Communities to the CAHP faculty and staff.Initiatives include:
- Holistic admissions with all persons participating on Admissions Committees to complete required modules from DiversityEdu
- Examine current policies
- Develop and implement a survey for CAHP faculty and staff around diversity and inclusion (a survey was already deployed to students by the UNMC campus)
- Incorporate feedback from a student committee
- Develop a Diversity and Inclusion curriculum for CAHP students with a focus on IPE
- Develop anti-racist tools in professional health education and in the delivery of healthcare services—moving from race-based care to race-conscious care.
- Hold a monthly D & I Seminar Series “What you Didn’t Learn in History Class” from 4-5 p.m.
- Feb 2, 2021 | The African American Cinema
- Mar 24, 2021 | America's History of U.S. Mexicans: The 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
- Apr 20, 2021 | Indigenous Language and Foodways as pathways to Intergenerational Healing | Presentation PDF
- May 11, 2021 | Dr. Naser Alsharif presented, Ramadan: A Month of Fasting and Reflection
- Jun 18, 2021 | Cynthia L. Robinson, PhD, presented, Let's Talk about Juneteenth
- Jun 22, 2021 | Joseph M. Marshall III presented, The Canton (Hiawatha) Asylum for Insane Indians | list of publications by Mr. Marshall
- Recruitment & Outreach
- Policy and Procedures