Degree: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Cytotechnology
Length: 12 months (3 semesters)
Program Start: Fall semester
Class Size: Varies by site
Campus Location: Omaha & Satellite Sites
NU Housing Options
Application Open: January 2021
Application Close: May 2021
Interviews: Program will work with applicants to schedule interviews.
Cytotechnologists perform microscopic examinations of specially stained slides of human cells from sites throughout the body for the early diagnosis and treatment of disease.
UNMC’s cytotechnology program:
- is a leader in virtual microscopy (VM). Students have access to thousands of annotated images for studying from anywhere at any time, practicing their screening and interpretation skills inside and outside the classroom setting.
- is a leader in distance education, with seven approved satellite sites:
- Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana, IL
- UC Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- BayCare, Greater Tampa Bay area, Florida
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- ProPath, Dallas, TX
- Sonora Quest Laboratories, Phoenix, AZ (Begins in 2020)
- provides our students with the latest technology in the classroom. Each student desk is equipped with a touch screen computer monitor connected to the Internet.
“The profession is very versatile and I love the daily challenge. The program at UNMC has far exceeded my expectations.” - N. Baker, Cytotechnology graduate