Read All Instructions Thoroughly
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Applicants will now apply through the UniCAS applicant portal.
Application Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions will help guide you through the application process.
Applicants to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program must have a completed application to be considered for admission. Applicants may choose more than one Specialty Track (General or Cardiovascular). All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. A completed application contains the following:
- UNMC CAS application – click the “Apply Now” button on the right to complete the application
- Application Fee – $60.00
- Course work entry – course work from all institutions attended must be entered into the online application. Make sure to have copies of unofficial transcripts in front of you as you complete the application.
- Questions – answer additional questions in the Program Materials section of the application
- Transcripts – It is strongly suggested that transcripts be requested no later than two weeks before the deadline to allow for processing. Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are sending a transcript by UPS, FEDEX or any service other than USPS, use the following physical address:
UNMC Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
- Overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC Transcript Department during our hours of business, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.
Applicants interested in applying to more than one medical imaging program (CVIT, DMS, MRI or Radiation Therapy) are eligible to receive one waiver for the application fee ($60.00) after an initial fee has been paid. Applicants must pay the fee for the first submitted application. UNMC will offer a waiver for the second submitted application. The applicant must pay any additional application fees beyond the second application. Contact CAHP Academic & Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a coupon code that covers the cost of the second application.
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address on your application and adjust your email settings to allow mail from unmc.edu.