Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography program. Students in their final months of study are eligible to apply.
- Current certification by the ARRT.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Radiography program GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a shadow experience with a DMS Program Representative. (Email to schedule a shadow experience.)
DMS Admissions Policies are in the CAHP Handbook.
University / College Required Prerequisites:
Successful completion of 21 semester hours at an accredited college or university including:
Language / Social Sciences (9 semester hours)
- Written or Oral Communication required
- Course work meeting this requirement may include but is not limited to literature, composition, communication, speech, foreign language, philosophy, psychology, sociology, art, history, religion.
Mathematics (3 semester hours)
- College Algebra, Statistics or higher mathematics
Natural Sciences (9 semester hours)
- General college-level physics and/or radiographic physics required
- Course work meeting this requirement may include but is not limited to anatomy, physiology, biology, chemistry, physics or earth science.
Requirements are subject to change. Grades lower than a "C-" will not transfer to UNMC for credit.
A minimum of 120 semester hours are required to graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Imaging and Therapeutic Sciences.
Forty (40) hours are required for the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate.
Enrollment in each program is limited and competitive. Evaluation of the qualifications of each applicant and the final selections for admission are made by the admissions committee of each program, which comprises program faculty and administration.
- Accepted students are guaranteed timely and appropriate clinical placement.
- Accepted students will be required to complete a background check and substance abuse testing prior to matriculation into the program. Depending on clinical site, additional requirements may need to be met or updated.
Accepted students will be assigned to a campus location. Once a campus location is assigned, the student will be expected to remain at their assigned campus location for the duration of the program. Students are asked for their campus location preference during the application process; however, there is no guarantee as to what campus location will be offered. Campus location options: Omaha or Kearney. See the Campus Locations page for more information and housing options.
Get complete application details on How to Apply.
Number of applications received: 12-16
Number of students accepted: Omaha Campus 8-10; Kearney Campus 2-4
|Average Prerequisite GPA||3.5||3.7|
|Average Cumulative GPA||3.5||3.66|
|Average Radiography Program GPA||3.66||3.8|