The faculty in the College of Business Administration (CBA) at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) have collaborated with faculty in the College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) to create a program that will provide students enrolled in allied health profession education programs with a feasible and efficient path to earn both a health professions graduate degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Dual Degree Program Benefits
- 9 semester hours of a student’s UNMC Allied Health graduate degree will be counted towards their UNO MBA degree.
- Flexibility – option to complete MBA coursework in 4-6 years, part-time
- Competitive tuition rates
- Professional academic advising
- Both colleges hold top accreditation and are ranked nationally
To be eligible for enrollment in the UNO MBA program, the UNMC student must:
- be admitted to a graduate degree program in the CAHP and have completed no more than the first year of that program;
- meet UNO MBA admission requirements as described in the catalog;
- complete UNO’s Application for Graduate Admission; and
- submit required MBA application materials.
- 2.85 junior/senior GPA
- 500 GMAT (minimum 20th percentile in both verbal and quantitative) OR 299 GRE (minimum 20th percentile in both verbal and quantitative) see waiver policy
- International students: minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) or 6.5 on the IELTS.
Required foundation courses
- Principles of Accounting I (ACCT 2010) and Principles of Accounting II (ACCT 2020)
- Microeconomics (ECON 2200) and Macroeconomics (ECON 2220).
- Accounting and Financial Fundamentals (BSAD 8110)
- Intro to the U.S. Economy (ECON 1200)
Questions regarding the Early Acceptance Pipeline can be addressed to CAHP Enrollment Management & Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 402.559.6673.