Students enrolled in allied health profession education programs may earn both a health professions graduate degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
The health care industry is an ever-changing landscape. Those in leadership positions must navigate complex issues associated with patient care, operations, change management, public policy, and more. Students jointly pursuing education in an allied health profession and in business are uniquely prepared not only for health care practice, but also for taking on key decision-making roles in health care organizations.
Faculty in the College of Business Administration (CBA) at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) have collaborated with faculty in the College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) to create this dual degree program.
- 9 semester hours of a student’s UNMC Allied Health graduate degree will be counted towards their UNO MBA degree.
- Flexibility – option to complete MBA coursework in 4-6 years, part-time
- Competitive tuition rates
- Professional academic advising
- Both colleges hold top accreditation and are ranked nationally
To be eligible for enrollment in the UNO MBA program, the UNMC student must:
- be admitted to a graduate degree program in the CAHP and have completed no more than the first year of that program;
- meet UNO MBA admission requirements as described in the catalog;
- complete UNO’s Application for Graduate Admission; and
- submit required MBA application materials.
- 2.85 junior/senior GPA
- 500 GMAT (minimum 20th percentile in both verbal and quantitative) OR 299 GRE (minimum 20th percentile in both verbal and quantitative) see waiver policy
- International students: minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) or 6.5 on the IELTS.
Required foundation courses
- Principles of Accounting I (ACCT 2010) and Principles of Accounting II (ACCT 2020)
- Microeconomics (ECON 2200) and Macroeconomics (ECON 2220).
- Accounting and Financial Fundamentals (BSAD 8110)
- Intro to the U.S. Economy (ECON 1200)
Questions regarding the Dual MBA Degree option can be addressed to CAHP Enrollment Management & Student Affairs at email@example.com or via phone at 402.559.6673.