Read All Instructions Thoroughly
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Genetic Counseling Program. Applicants will now apply through the UniCAS applicant portal.
Application Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions will help guide you through the application process.
Applicants to the Genetic Counseling program must have a completed application to be considered for admission. All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. A completed application contains the following:
- UNMC CAS application – click the “Apply Now” button on the right to complete the application
- Application Fee – $60.00
- Course work entry – course work from all institutions attended must be entered into the online application. Make sure to have copies of unofficial transcripts in front of you as you complete the application.
- Personal Statement – share your reason(s) for applying to the Genetic Counseling Program, your understanding of the field, and your future career plans. Please use this Personal Statement Template when responding to the questions listed in the application.
- Resume/CV – Upload this to the application in the Program Materials section under Documents. Do not duplicate this information in other areas of the application. Provide a resume or CV with the following information:
- Name, National Match Service (NMS) identifier
- Recommended Experiences: counseling/client advocacy, laboratory/research experience, and exposure to the field of Genetic Counseling
- Achievements includes honors, awards, publications and scholarships
- Supporting Information Section – Be sure to select “I Am Not Adding Any …” under the following Sections (Observation Hours, Experiences, Achievements, Licenses and Certifications) because these items should be included in your Resume/CV.
- All Applicants need to complete the Release Statement portion under Supporting Information.
- References – Three letters of reference are required. Applicants will provide the email addresses of their recommenders. Recommenders will submit their reference online through the application.
- Questions – answer additional questions in the Program Materials section of the application
- Transcripts – It is strongly suggested that transcripts be requested no later than two weeks before the deadline to allow for processing. Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are sending a transcript by UPS, FEDEX or any service other than USPS, use the following physical address:
UNMC Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
- Overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC Transcript Department during our hours of business, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.
Application Deadlines and Admissions Timetable