Admission to the Class of 2020, starting May 2019 (Fall 2019 semester)
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Medical Laboratory Science Program. Applicants will now apply through the UniCAS applicant portal.
Application Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions will help guide you through the application process.
Applicants to the MLS program must have a completed application to be considered for admission. All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. A completed application contains the follow:
- UNMC CAS application – click the “Apply Now” button on the right to complete the application
- Application Fee – $60.00
- Course work entry – course work from all institutions attended must be entered into the online application. Make sure to have copies of unofficial transcripts in front of you as you complete the application.
- Personal Narrative/Essay –narrative/essay stating your motivation or desire to become a healthcare professional and how the UNMC program would make an impact uploaded to the application in the Program Materials section.
- Resume/CV – Include the following:
- Experiences includes employment & volunteer
- Achievements includes honors, awards, publications and scholarships
- Licenses and Certifications
- Supporting Information Section – Be sure to select “I Am Not Adding Any …” under the following Sections (Observation Hours, Experiences, Achievements, Licenses and Certifications) because these items should be included in your Resume/CV.
- All Applicants need to complete the Release Statement portion under Supporting Information.
- Recommendations / References – Applicants must identify and provide the Name, Phone number and email addresses of three (3) recommenders / references. This information should be entered in the Questions section of the application. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to contact the listed recommenders / references at any time prior to admissions decision.
- Questions – answer additional questions in the Program Materials section of the application
- Transcripts – It is strongly suggested that transcripts be requested no later than two weeks before the deadline to allow for processing. Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are sending a transcript by UPS, FEDEX or any service other than USPS, use the following physical address:
UNMC Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
- Overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC Transcript Department during our hours of business, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address on you application and adjust your email settings to allow mail from unmc.edu.