UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Master of Medical Nutrition program. Applicants will apply through the UniCAS applicant portal.
The application deadline is November 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. eastern time for the class beginning August 2019.
Applicants must have a completed application to be considered for admission. All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. Click the “Apply Now” button to complete the application. Address all required components, including the following:
- Course work entry – All course work from all institutions attended must be entered into the online application. Verify that all courses are included and entered into the appropriate categories.
- UNMC DPD Course Plan and Verification Form - Take this form to your DPD Director to be signed and completed. This form needs to include all courses completed, transferred, in progress and planned to meet the DPD requirements. The form will also verify completion or intent to complete the DPD program. After the form is completed, upload the scanned document to the application showing the Program Director signature in blue ink.
- Short Answer Questions and Personal Narrative – provide brief and thoughtful responses to each of the eight questions included in the application. Provide a personal narrative describing 1) your motivation to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and 2) how the UNMC Master of Medical Nutrition program would make an impact in achieving your goals.
- Resume/CV – upload a brief Resume/CV to present your experiences, achievements and other relevant information in Supporting Information section of the application.
- Experiences includes employment & volunteer
- Achievements includes honors, awards, publications and scholarships
- Licenses and Certifications
- Two (2) letters of recommendation/evaluation - from individuals such as the DPD Program Director, your academic advisor or professor(s) from courses that you have completed. Provide the email addresses of the evaluators/recommenders. Evaluators/ recommenders will submit their evaluation ratings and narrative online. Make these requests several weeks prior to the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – The General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) is required. Scores must be sent using the UNMC Medical Nutrition Education Institution Code 6896, and received by the application deadline.
- Transcripts – Request transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended. Make these requests several weeks prior to the application deadline. Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
Please note that overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC during our hours of business, which are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.