Your application to the UNMC Dietetic Internship Program is a three step process:
Step 1: UNMC Dietetic Internship Program Application
*DEADLINE is 11:59 PM CST ON FEBRUARY 15, 2018
The DICAS Online offers applicants a convenient, state-of-the-art, web-based application service that will allow you to apply to any number of participating dietetic internship programs by completing a single online application. The DICAS Online was specifically designed by DICAS to simplify and streamline the application process while providing considerable flexibility, electronic submission of applications, ongoing communication with applicants, and excellent customer support.
Log into DICAS and begin your internship program application to the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Step 2: Submit GRE General Test Scores
The GRE General Test is required. Send official test scores to UNMC Institution Code 6896.
Step 3: UNMC Supplemental Application
You will be required to complete a UNMC Supplemental Application and submit an application fee of $60. After UNMC receives your DICAS application, you will receive an email containing instructions for completing the UNMC Supplemental Application. This application is required, in addition to the DICAS application, before we can complete the evaluation and submission process for nationwide computer matching. The deadline for completing the UNMC Supplemental Application will be within one week of the time you receive the email from UNMC.
Step 4: Computer Matching
In addition to completing DICAS, applicants submit computer matching preferences to D&D Digital online by 11:59 PM CST on February 15, 2018. The UNMC Dietetic Internship Program participates in the nationwide computer match process to fill all openings.
UNMC Dietetic Internship Program Selection Procedure:
The UNMC Dietetic Internship openings are filled through participation in the nationwide computer matching process in April of each year. A selection committee, comprised of adjunct clinical instructors and preceptors, identifies and prioritizes computer match list candidates from the pool of qualified applicants. Selection criteria include:
- Scholastic ability indicated by grade point averages (overall GPA, professional sciences, physical and biological sciences, behavioral and social sciences, communication sciences, elective coursework) and, if applicable, recency of education coursework. A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required.
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of work experience, including paid and volunteer experience.
- Other activities, including extra curricular and community service experiences, and the degree of leadership exhibited in these areas.
- Communication skills, personal, and professional attributes, as demonstrated through application content and letters of reference.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score.
The list of prioritized qualified applicants to the UNMC Dietetic Internship Program is submitted for nationwide computer matching in late March for the April match.
Notification Day: Applicant matching results will be posted on D&D Digital online from 6:00 PM Central time, April 8, 2018, through April 9, 2018 (Appointment Day). This is the ONLY source of notification for applicants.
Appointment Day: If you are matched to the UNMC Dietetic Internship Program, you must contact the Program Director (Glenda Woscyna) by telephone (402-559-7365) or FAX (402-559-7420) on or before 6:00 PM Central Time, April 9, 2018, to confirm acceptance of the MATCH.