UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Master of Medical Nutrition (MMN) program. Applicants will apply through the UniCAS applicant portal. Application Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions will help guide you through the application process.
Applicants must have a completed application to be considered for admission. All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. Click the “Apply Now” button to complete the application. Address all required components, including the following:
- Course work entry – All course work from all institutions attended must be entered into the online application. Verify that all courses are included and entered into the appropriate categories.
- Short Answer Questions and Personal Narrative – provide brief and thoughtful responses to each of the eight questions included in the application. Provide a personal narrative describing 1) your motivation to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and 2) how the UNMC Master of Medical Nutrition program would make an impact in achieving your goals.
- Resume/CV – upload a brief Resume/CV to present your experiences, achievements and other relevant information in Supporting Information section of the application.
- Experiences includes employment & volunteer
- Achievements includes honors, awards, publications and scholarships
- Licenses and Certifications
- Two (2) letters of recommendation/evaluation - One reference must be from an academic source such as an academic advisor or professor(s) from courses that you have completed. The second can be from another academic source or a supervisor. Personal references will not be accepted. Provide the email addresses of the evaluators/recommenders. Evaluators/ recommenders will submit their evaluation ratings and narrative online. Make these requests several weeks prior to the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – As of August 2021, UNMC will no longer require or utilize scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for admission to the Medical Nutrition program.
- Transcripts – It is strongly suggested that transcripts be requested no later than two weeks before the deadline to allow for processing. Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are sending a transcript by UPS, FEDEX or any service other than USPS, use the following physical address:
UNMC Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
- Overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC Transcript Department during our hours of business, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.