Enrollment is limited and competitive. Evaluation of the qualifications of each applicant and the final selections for admission are made by the admissions committee, comprised of program faculty and administration.Required Degree
Bachelor's Degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university
- Must be completed with final transcripts submitted by July 15 preceding the intended fall semester date of enrollment.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale is required.
The following prerequisite course work must be completed by July 15 preceding the intended fall semester date of enrollment. Required courses must be taken for letter grades. Credits for courses in which grades below “C-“ were received, are not accepted in fulfillment of the individual course prerequisites listed below. Exceptions to this policy due to COVID-19
- General Biology with lab
- Food Safety & Sanitation or equivalent acceptable
- Human Physiology
- 2 semesters of combined Human Anatomy & Physiology acceptable
- General/Inorganic Chemistry with lab
- Organic Chemistry with lab
- Intro to Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition or Nutrient Metabolism (300-400 level)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy or equivalent
- General or Intro to Psychology
*Completion of an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) typically satisfies all of the required courses.
Required course work graded Pass/ Fail or credit obtained by CLEP Examination or Advanced Placement (AP) will not be accepted for any of the listed prerequisites.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
The General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) is required. Scores must be sent using the UNMC Medical Nutrition Education Institution Code 6896, and received by the application deadline.
NOTE: There are no formal requirements for volunteer, observation, or employment experiences related to the field of nutrition and dietetics, although a broad exposure to the field is encouraged. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to professional development and service.
Get complete application details on How to Apply.