At UNMC, we value well-rounded, unique individuals and strive to create a diverse learning community. We perform a holistic review of all applications, considering both academic and non-academic experiences. Enrollment in the program is limited and competitive. The admissions committee of the program, composed of program faculty and administration, evaluates the qualifications of each applicant and makes the final selections for admission.Required Degree
Bachelor's Degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university or foreign equivalent.
- Must be completed with final transcripts submitted by July 15 preceding the intended fall semester date of enrollment.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is required at time of application submission.
The following prerequisite course work must be completed by July 15 preceding the intended fall semester date of enrollment. Required courses must be taken for letter grades. Credits for courses in which grades below “C-“ were received, are not accepted in fulfillment of the individual course prerequisites listed below. Exceptions to this policy due to COVID-19
- General Biology with lab
- Food Safety & Sanitation or equivalent acceptable
- Human Physiology
- 2 semesters of combined Human Anatomy & Physiology acceptable
- General/Inorganic Chemistry with lab
- Organic Chemistry with lab
- Intro to Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition or Nutrient Metabolism (300-400 level)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy or equivalent (CAHP offers an on-line course in the Spring)
- General or Intro to Psychology
*Completion of an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) typically satisfies all of the required courses.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
As of August 2021, UNMC will no longer require or utilize scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for admission to the Medical Nutrition program.
NOTE: There are no formal requirements for volunteer, observation, or employment experiences related to the field of nutrition and dietetics, although a broad exposure to the field is encouraged. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to professional development and service.
Application Deadlines and Timetable
Get complete application details on How to Apply.