Read all instructions thoroughly
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Program. Applicants will now apply through the UniCAS applicant portal.
Application Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions will help guide you through the application process.
Applicants to the MRI program must have a completed application to be considered for admission. All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. A completed application contains the following:
- UNMC CAS application – click the “Apply Now” button on the right to complete the application
- Application Fee – $60.00
- Course work entry – course work from all institutions attended must be entered into the online application. Make sure to have copies of unofficial transcripts in front of you as you complete the application.
- Resume/CV – Add experiences, achievements and other resume and CV information in Supporting Information section of the application.
- Experiences includes employment & volunteer
- Achievements includes honors, awards, publications and scholarships
- Licenses and Certifications
- Recommendations / References – Applicants must identify and provide the Name, Phone number and email addresses of three (3) recommenders / references. This information should be entered in the Questions section of the application. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to contact the listed recommenders / references at any time prior to admissions decision.
- Questions – answer additional questions in the Program Materials section of the application
- Transcripts – submit official transcripts form all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
IF YOU ARE SENDING A TRANSCRIPT BY UPS, FEDEX OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OTHER THAN USPS, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
UNMC Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
Please note that overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC during our hours of business, which are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.
It is strongly suggested that transcripts be requested no later than two weeks before the deadline to allow for processing.
Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree in medical imaging (Radiology, Radiologic Technology, Medical Imaging, etc) by the fall in which they intend to start the program must apply for the MRI Post Baccalaureate Certificate. Applicants who have not earned a bachelor’s degree by the fall in which they intend to start must apply to the MRI Bachelor degree. All applicants will be considered for admission as one cohort.
Applicants interested in applying to more than one medical imaging program (CVIT, DMS, MRI or Radiation Therapy) are eligible to receive one waiver for the application fee ($60.00) after an initial fee has been paid. Applicants must pay the fee for the first submitted application. UNMC will offer a waiver for the second submitted application. The applicant must pay any additional application fees beyond the second application. Contact CAHP Academic & Student Affairs (email@example.com) to request a coupon code that covers the cost of the second application.
Visit the Application Deadlines page for deadline information.
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address on your application and adjust your email settings to allow mail from unmc.edu.
To view the timeline for the admissions process, view the Admissions Timetable.
Many factors go into admissions decisions made by the Admissions Committee. Visit MRI’s Preference Factors for insight into admissions decisions.