Read all instructions thoroughly
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions has partnered with UniCAS, a central application service, to collect and manage applications to the Master of Physician Assistant Degree Advancement Options. Applicants will now apply through the UniCAS applicant portal.
Application Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions will help guide you through the application process.
Applicants to the MPAS DAO must have a completed application to be considered for admission. All application materials must be sent to UniCAS or uploaded to the application. A completed application contains the following:
- UniCAS application-click the “Apply Now” button to complete the application
- Application Fee- $60.00
- Personal Narrative/Essay –narrative/essay stating your interest in your specific discipline, particularly stressing your professional goals and motivation for seeking the degree (Upload to UniCAS)
- Resume/CV – Add experiences, achievements and other resume and CV information in Supporting Information section of the application.
- Experiences includes employment & volunteer
- Achievements includes honors, awards, publications and scholarships
- Licenses and Certifications
- License- A copy of your valid license or certificate to function as a physician assistant in the state/province in which you are employed. (Upload to UniCAS)
- Preceptor/Mentor Agreement Form and resume – (Upload to UniCAS)
Clinical Track - Preceptor Agreement
Education Track - Mentor Agreement
- NCCPA Certification – (Upload to UniCAS)
- Professional Liability Insurance Form – Notarized (Uploaded to UniCAS)
- Core and Concentration Area – (Uploaded to UniCAS)
- Review Computer Requirements
- Transcripts – submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to:
PO BOX 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
IF YOU ARE SENDING A TRANSCRIPT BY UPS, FEDEX OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OTHER THAN USPS, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
UNMC Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street, Suite #15
Watertown, MA 02472
Please note that overnight mail MUST be delivered to UNMC during our hours of business, which are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We cannot receive materials which arrive outside of these hours at our street address.
It is strongly suggested that transcripts be requested no later than two weeks before the deadline to allow for processing.
UNMC’s College of Allied Health Professions communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address on your application and adjust your email settings to allow mail from unmc.edu.
For application information such as application open dates and submission deadlines, visit the Application Deadline webpage.
State Regulatory Authorization
The University of Nebraska monitors developments in state laws in every state. The University of Nebraska is currently authorized, licensed, exempt, not subject to approval, or is permitted to accept students for programs in most states. To see a complete list of states, please visit Online Worldwide.