Radiation Therapy Admission Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography program. Students in their final months of study may apply.
- ARRT certification and registration in radiography.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) at time of application submission.
- Radiography program GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) at time of application submission.
- Complete the specific courses outlined below at an accredited institution of higher learning prior to beginning the Radiation Therapy program.
- For Bachelor track only: You must have 80 transferrable semester credit hours (which includes the prerequisites listed below and your Radiography program coursework).
- English Composition
- Oral Communication
- College Algebra or higher mathematics
- College Physics
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
Required prerequisite courses must be completed for a letter grade [Exceptions to this policy due to COVID-19] Grades lower than a "C-" will not transfer to UNMC for credit.
*Credit by Examination:
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is not accepted to fulfill math and science required prerequisites. For Bachelor track only: A maximum of 6 CLEP or Advanced Placement (AP) semester hours will be accepted for transfer.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
- Accepted students are guaranteed timely and appropriate clinical placement.
- Accepted students will be required to complete a background check and substance abuse testing prior to matriculation into the program. Depending on clinical site, additional requirements may need to be met or updated.
All applicants, regardless of application completion or acceptance status, are encouraged to submit their FAFSA data to UNMC prior to April 1st to ensure consideration for all aid options. Please refer to the financial aid process page: Applying for Financial Aid.
Average number of applications received each year: 20-25
Number of students accepted: 6-8
Average Overall Prerequisite GPA of applicants: 3.40
Average Overall Prerequisite GPA of accepted students: 3.70
Average Science GPA of applicants: 3.00
Average Science GPA of accepted students: 3.30