Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Division of Physical Therapy Education
984420 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4420
Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Division of Physical Therapy Education, UNMC: 2016 – Present
Graduate Research Assistant, College of Allied Health Professions, UNMC: 2013-2015
Graduate Research Assistant, College of Public Health, UNMC: 2010-2013
Ph.D. in Medical Science Interdepartmental Area – Physical Therapy, UNMC, 2015
M.S. in Rehabilitation Science, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, 2007
Licensed Physical Therapist, Taiwan, 2005
B.S. in Physical Therapy, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, 2005
Primary Teaching Responsibilities:
[PHYT505] Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy I (Biomechanics Module)
[PHTY942] Special Topics
- The visuomotor control on gait during walking or stepping over obstacles in virtual reality
- The neuromuscular control of posture and upper extremity when performing virtual laparoscopic surgery
Publications: (last 5 years)
- Huang CK, Zahiri M, Nelson CA, Siu KC: Outcomes of Muscle Effort Using a Novel Portable Laparoscopic Training System. Journal of Medical Devices 2015; 9(3):030942.
- Siu KC, Huang CK, Beacom M, Bista S, Rautiainen R: The Association of Sleep Loss and Balance Stability in Farmers. Journal of Agromedicine 2015; 20(3):327-31.
- Huang CK, Head MJ, Nelson CA, Oleynikov D, Siu KC: Virtual Laparoscopic Surgical Skills Practice Using a Multi-Degree of Freedom Joystick. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics 2014; 196:170-4.
- Huang CK, Siu KC Lien HY, Lee YH, Lin YH: Scapular Kinematics and Muscle Activities during Pushing Tasks. Journal of Occupational Health 2013; 55:259-266.
- Huang CK, Suh IH, Chien JH, Vallabhajosula S, Oleynikov D, Siu KC: Investigating the muscle activities of performing surgical training tasks using virtual simulators. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics 2012; 173:200-204.
American Physical Therapy Association
International Society for Posture and Gait Research
American Society of Biomechanics
Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society