Members of the Wellsandt Lab include: Jaycee Schettler, Matt Tao, Shelby Schelkopf, Austin Post, Liz Wellsandt, Dave Werner, Matt McManigal, and RJ Barber. Not pictured: Alyx Jorgensen, Tyler Kallman, Mark Amirthiraj, Nicole Kent, Alex Gavia, Liam Diesing, Jordyn Atwater and Garrett Sacco.
Welcome to the Wellsandt Lab!
Why do we do what we do? In short, to better the patient experience and outcomes after injury. Our primary goals are to:
- Understand and optimize outcomes after lower extremity musculoskeletal injury
- Promote a safe return to pre-injury activities, lifelong physical activity and function, and long-term joint health.
How do we do this? We use a patient-centered and interdisciplinary approach to ask relevant research questions and seeks answers through rigorous and sound methodological design and analysis using the following tools:
- Biomechanical movement analysis
- Physical activity monitoring
- Clinical testing measures such as isokinetic muscle strength testing
- Quantitative magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Body fluid biomarkers analyses.
We appreciate your interest in our lab! If you have any questions or would like additional information about our lab, please contact the lab director:
Liz Wellsandt, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS