Return to Sport Biomechanics Testing
Return-to-sport testing at the University of Nebraska Medical Center includes muscle strength, jumping performance, biomechanics, knee function, and confidence testing in the state-of-the-art Clinical Movement Analysis (CMOVA) Lab in the Division of Physical Therapy Education.
Who should complete return-to-sport testing?
- Have had recent knee surgery and are preparing to return to sport
Why is return-to-sport testing recommended?
- Testing helps you and your medical team determine the optimal timing for safe and successful return to sport
- Meeting return-to-sport criteria reduces reinjury risk by 84%
What is done with the test results?
- All test results will be reviewed by Liz Wellsandt, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS. Dr. Wellsandt is an orthopedic certified specialist in physical therapy and an expert in rehabilitation and return-to-sport decision-making after knee injury.
- Test results will be shared with you and your physical therapist, athletic trainer, and/or surgeon.