DEPARTMENT OF ANESTHESIOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
The Department of Anesthesiology is the exclusive provider of anesthesia services for the Nebraska Medicine, including academic and private clinical practices. The Department is an academic unit in the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. As such, it strives to fulfill the clinical, educational, and research missions of the College.
UNMC MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the University of Nebraska Medical Center is to improve the health of Nebraska through premier educational programs, innovative research, the highest quality patient care, and outreach in underserved populations.
DEPARTMENT OF ANESTHESIOLOGY MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Department of Anesthesiology is to provide state-of-the-art education and the highest level of patient care by fostering a culture of faculty excellence, innovation, and collaboration.
- To provide state-of-the-art education and training for departmental medical personnel and students (faculty, residents, CRNA’s, SRNA’s and medical students), incorporating innovative approaches to education, such as simulator labs, and promoting the department’s role in instruction in areas of emerging importance such as ECHO and patient safety;
- To provide the highest level of quality of care and patient safety to all patients we serve, including development of advanced anesthesia subspecialization and greater participation in the delivery of intensive care;
- To recruit and retain the finest quality faculty, residents, and CRNAs as members of our department who will enhance national and international recognition of the department;
- To foster a spirit of collegiality and collaboration with others members of the UNMC community and that allows all to develop professionally in a positive environment;
- To grow the role of members of the Department in campus leadership;
- To develop a strategic plan to guide the Department’s progress toward our long-term goals;
- To expand research efforts with the Department.