The following mission statements, values and plans shape our daily contributions to this institution.
NEBRASKA MEDICINE AND UNMC MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research, and extraordinary patient care.
DEPARTMENT OF ANESTHESIOLOGY MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to deliver high-quality and compassionate medical care, provide premier educational programs, and perform innovative research.
OUR VALUES reflect who we are and why we are here.
Healing: We treat and heal our patients
Learning: We shape the next generation of anesthesiologists
Innovation: We strive to improve the field of Anesthesiology
Team Work: We act as a dynamic, respectful care team
Resilience: We prioritize well-being in all team members
Safety: We value quality, safety, and accountability
OUR STRATEGIC PLAN outlines our five-year goals (FY19-FY23)
- We will be acknowledged as a top decile academic department of anesthesiology for patient safety and quality and report annually using internal benchmarks and AQI national benchmarks
- We will be a regional leader recognized as for top ranking residency and fellowship training programs with a board pass rate of 90%. We will fill our anesthesiology core program and all fellowships annually over the next 5 years.
- We will be financially successful by demonstrating positive growth in our departmental reserves annually and having 7 funded professorship endowments by year 2023
- We will excel in faculty development as demonstrated by faculty from every division presenting annually; and in leadership positions at the top 8 national society meetings
- We will demonstrate academic excellence increasing peer-reviewed publications by at least 10% annually and increasing annual extramural funding
- We will create a culture of wellbeing and engagement as demonstrated by an improvement in our burnout rate by 3% annually for 5 years to an improvement of 15% at year 5 (2023)
To achieve these goals, the Department of Anesthesiology developed five domain committees that include representation from all subsets of our department. Each domain committee focuses on executing multiple strategic plan goals. They are: