How do you apply?
The University Of Nebraska Department Of Anesthesiology accepts applications through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). We participate in the National Resident Matching Program and abide by all match policies. Applicants must register with both NRMP and ERAS to participate in the services of each.
Our application and supporting documentation deadline for ERAS applications is November 1st. Early consideration and interview invitations will be offered to those applicants meeting our selection criteria with applications completed prior to this date. There is no guarantee interview opportunities will be available later in the process.
In the event the residency has an open or off-cycle position available, please contact the Residency Coordinator for the required application form. Please check for availability of positions before sending any materials to the department.
To be considered for an interview, the following guidelines have been established:
- First attempt passing score on all USMLE Knowledge Examinations
- First attempt passing score on USMLE Clinical Skills Examination
- All applicants must submit a USMLE Step 1 score to receive an interview
- All applicants must submit USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills and Clinic Knowledge score prior to the rank list submission date
- Licensable in the state of Nebraska
- ECFMG certification for all International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
- U.S. clinical experience in acute patient care within the past two years, regardless of year of graduation (Observerships do not meet this requirement.)
- Graduation from medical school within the past five years is preferred
If the above criteria are met, a complete ERAS application is required, including:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation written within the past two years
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter of Reference)
- USMLE (or equivalent) official transcript
The UNMC Department of Anesthesiology reserves the right to limit the number of interviews.
USMLE Step 2 CS and CK scores must be received prior to the rank list submission date.
Note: The UNMC Department of Anesthesiology requires passage of USMLE Step 3 prior to beginning the PGY-2 year.