Resident wellbeing is a primary reason our residents choose to train at UNMC! We are proud of a wellness curriculum that is second to none amongst anesthesiology residency programs.
The events sponsored by the residency program are resident-planned and resident-led. Each class has one or two “Wellness Champions” who lead the way with our wellness initiatives. These initiatives follow our “8 Domains” curriculum, which encourages activities that promote wellbeing in the social, physical, emotional, occupational, spiritual, environmental, intellectual, and financial domains.
Some other highlights that set us apart:
- Residents receive a non-clinical (HBD) day on their birthday every year
- Didactic time is provided to individually meet with a counselor from the House Officer Assistance Program
- A peer support pathway that allows for mentoring and time off after crisis events
- Frequent group outdoor activities (sand volleyball, walks/runs, Top Golf, etc.)
- A department culture that values responsiveness, equality, and mentorship
|Assistant Professor||Assistant Professor|
|Associate Residency Program Director,||Residency Wellness Advisor|
|Performance and Wellbeing|