The Sino-U.S. Training Center for General Practitioners
- Established Spring 2009
- Joint training center between UNMC & Xi’an Jiaotong University Health Science Center (XJTUHSC)
- Center helps build family medicine practitioner base in China and provide continuing medical education for general practitioners and medical students, training for teachers, and research for general medicine in China.
- October 21-22, 2011
- Seven UNMC faculty participated
- Sponsored by Xi’an Jiaotong University Health Science Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi’an Jiaotong University and the Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Supported by Xi’an Jiaotong University Health Science Center and UNMC
UNMC faculty that participated were: Vice Chancellor Don Leuenberger, Jeffrey Harrison, Janice Leuenberger, , Audrey Paulman, Paul Paulman , Marilyn Sitorius, Michael Sitorius and Jialin Zheng
- August 6-17 during the U.S.-SINO Family Medicine Leadership Course.
- UNMC physicians will help equip Chinese physicians to bring the field of family medicine to the world’s largest nation.
- Physicians will share their renowned expertise in primary care and rural health care practices though lectures and clinical simulation role-playing.
- Chinese physicians will come from Shanghai, a city of about 23 million, and Xi'an, a city of about 8 million.