The Asia Pacific Rim Development Program provides the following programs in collaboration with the China Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Ph.D. Degree-Seeking – Students will train and perform research projects supported by a principal investigator at UNMC for 4 to 5 years and receive a Ph.D. degree from UNMC.
- Health Professions Degree – This extraordinary program is the first-ever of its kind between the U.S. and China. Individuals earn a professional degree in Medicine (M.D.), Nursing (D.N.P.) Pharmacy (Pharm.D.), Dentistry (D.D.S.), or Physical Therapy (D.P.T.). They will return to China as faculty with the goal of developing health professional programs there.
- Joint M.D./Ph.D. Degree-Seeking – This unique joint program is among the very first of its kind. Also known as the Physician Scientist Graduate Training Program, the program accepts students from Shandong University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, and Tongji University, who complete the first 2 years of medical school in China, train at UNMC to receive a Ph.D., then return to China for their remaining medical school training.
- Joint Research Training – Ph.D. candidates who have completed required coursework in China will train and spend 1 to 2 years performing research projects supported by a principal investigator at UNMC, then return to their Chinese university for thesis defense and degree award.
- Postdoctoral Scholar/Visiting Scholar – Graduated M.D. and/or Ph.D. scientists will perform 1 to 3 years of research projects supported by a principal investigator at UNMC.