The BHECN Careers App
The BHECN Careers App is a resource for students interested
in behavioral health careers. It is especially helpful for students and professionals who currently live in rural or underserved areas of Nebraska.
The App helps by connecting you with information, resources, online training, mentors, and supervisors no matter where in Nebraska you live!
- Take a quiz and discover behavioral health careers
- Search for behavioral health jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities
- Connect with other behavioral health students
- Get insightful information from behavioral health professionals
- And more...
Sign up today to start connecting with behavioral health peers, mentors and supervisors across Nebraska.
Click below to download the App to your mobile phone or scan this QR code:
Android/Google Play Store
Sign up to be a Supervisor
What you'll find in the BHECN Careers App:
- 2-Minute Discovery Quiz: Take the quiz to get an idea of what behavioral health career you might be interested in pursuing. Although this quiz will give you a new perspective, there are many other jobs out there. Remember that the road to your dream career will be an ongoing journey.
- Jobs in Behavioral Health: Our NEBHjobs.com website is FREE to search for active job openings, internships, and volunteer opportunities focused in Nebraska. Create your profile and post your resume to get started in your behavioral health career search. Are you hiring? It's free to list your open positions and search the posted resumes!
- Free Continuing Education: Do you need continuing education credits to put towards your degree or license? BHECN provides several continuing education credit opportunities each year! Visit our website to view our many webinars and start earning your credits today.
- Behavioral Health Career Pathways PDF: Download a FREE copy of the behavioral health career pathways (PDF). Learn more about the different licensed behavioral health professions in Nebraska, the education needed, and what colleges and universities are offering classes. Explore behavioral health careers, job descriptions, educational requirements, licensing, work environments, and salaries!
- Find A Mentor Search: Search for a mentor by their behavioral health specialty and get the right mentor to help you focus on success. Our mentoring program is for one academic year and will consist of one monthly meeting with your mentor (in-person or virtual). Mentorship meetings are intended to help guide and support you in your journey to a behavioral health career.
- Supervisor Search: Use the supervisor map to search for behavioral health supervisors interested in helping you further your career. Click the magnifying glass to refine your search by job position, university, or city/address.
- Student Connect: Do you have questions, or want resources or tips on behavioral health professions? Navigate to Student Connect in the app to connect with peers and experts.
Read below to learn more about the BHECN App for smartphones and devices.
If you still have questions contact us by clicking here.
Q: Who developed this App?
A: The Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska (BHECN pronounced Beacon), in partnership with United HealthCare Foundation (UHC), developed the BHECN Behavioral Health Mentorship & Supervision App to assist students and early career professionals by giving them a platform to connect with mentors and supervisors across the state of Nebraska.
Q: Where do I go to set up my account?
Q: What do I need to have to set up my account?
A: In order to set up your account, you'll need to have a username and a working email address, and as an option, you can add a photo of yourself. Your password will need to have at least ???
Q: How do I sign up to be a Mentor?
Q: How do I sign up to be listed as a Supervisor on the map in the App?
Q: What does it mean to sign up as a Supervisor?
A: By signing up as a Supervisor, you agree to have a pinpoint on the Nebraska map inside the App. This pinpoint will contain your contact information as you have submitted it via the Supervisor Application. Students using the BHECN App will see the pins on the map and will know they can reach out to you in order to discuss a Supervisor/Supervisee arrangement.
Q: What is the difference between the mobile app and the desktop version?
A: Our mobile app can be downloaded and installed on your compatible mobile device, while the desktop version operates using your desktop computer. Both the mobile and the desktop versions have the same content.
Q: Is my phone supported?
A: Our Mobile Apps are supported on the following platforms:
iOS 7.0 or later (iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad)
Android 2.3.x and 4.x.x
Q: Is the mobile app secure?
A: Yes. All critical information is encrypted in every transaction run through the Apps and the Mobile Web App, and no personal information is stored on your mobile device. However, mobile devices offer you the ability to store your login information for apps installed on the device. If you choose to store your login information, any person who has access to your mobile device can access your account.
Q: What features does the mobile app have?
A: Both the Mobile App and the Desktop version give you the ability to set up and view your account, modify or maintain alerts/reminders, participate in all the resources, including student connect, review mentor matches, take the careers quiz, and view the supervisor map among many other resources. It also has contact information.
Once you've installed a Mobile App on your phone, you'll have the ability to receive push notifications.
Q: How do I get the mobile app for my phone?
A: Search for our name "BHECN" in the App Store or in the Android Market. In either the App Store or the Android Market, if you can't find our App, that likely means your phone is not supported. Scan this QR code (see below) with the camera on your mobile phone to access links to download and install the App.
Or click one of these links while using your mobile device:
IOS/Apple | Android/Google Play Store
Q: Does it cost anything to use the BHECN app?
A: BHECN does not charge for using the BHECN Behavioral Health Mentorship & Supervision App.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” BY THE PROVIDER FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. PROVIDER DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THIS APP, OR ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS APP. PROVIDER DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS, OR USEFULNESS OF CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THIS APP OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
PROVIDER DOES NOT GUARANTEE AGAINST VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED USERS OR HACKERS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THIS APP OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM THIS APP. IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THIS APP. PROVIDER DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS APP.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS APP, USE OF THIS APP, CONNECTIVITY TO OR FROM THIS APP, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. A USER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS APP IS TO STOP USING THIS APP.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS. All trademarks, service marks, and logos or copyrights displayed and used in this app are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this app should be construed as granting any right or license to use any trademark without the written permission of its owner. The materials on this app are copyrighted by the Provider and are for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason is expressly prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from the respective copyright holder(s).
GOVERNING LAW. Any claim or dispute relating to this app or your use or reliance on this app shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska without regard to its conflict of laws provisions, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Lancaster County Nebraska. This app is not targeted to users in any particular locality, nor is it intended to constitute the doing of business in any jurisdiction, nor to be a solicitation of business anywhere on behalf of Provider or any of its affiliated corporations, nor to constitute any contacts with any jurisdiction outside of the State of Nebraska.
Notwithstanding any of these terms, Provider reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the app and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the app.