Applicants must hold the minimum of a baccalaureate degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university.
- We prefer students with one year of general chemistry, mathematics through integral calculus, and one year of biological sciences. Supportive courses in addition to the required core courses for this degree are available for students lacking a solid background in Biology and Chemistry.
Official transcripts of all college work, undergraduate and graduate, from each school you have attended must be received. “Issued to Student” transcripts are not acceptable.
- All international official transcripts or mark sheets must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation into a course-by-course evaluation that identifies and describes each diploma or certificate which periods of education and equivalency of each document.
- Preferred evaluation servicers:
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- World Education Services (WES)
In general, admission to graduate degree programs requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a four-point scale.
Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) , Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) or Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores is optional.
- All international applicants are required to submit official scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or TOEFL internet Based Test (iBT) total of 80 or greater are required.
- For IELTS, the band score minimum is 6.5 to 7.0.
The Office of Graduate Studies offers more information about how to apply.