The Safety and Equipment Committee is one of the standing committees of the BMB department. The committee was created to ensure that research in our department is conducted in a safe manner.
It duties are to:
- Serve as a liaison between the BMB Safety and Equipment officer and the faculty.
- Monitor use and upkeep of the departmental shared equipment.
- Assign appropriate faculty members to oversee shared equipment maintenance.
- Advise department chairman on the appropriate level and number of service contracts on departmental shared equipment, and on departmental needs for equipment.
- Chair of the committee conducts safety seminars for incoming faculty, staff and students.