This webinar is part of the COVID-19: Learning As We Go On-Demand Webinar Series.
At the conclusion of this webinar, the participant should be better able to:
- Discuss COVID-19 epidemiology in long-term care settings
- Review infection prevention and control measures required for prevention and containment of COVID-19 in long-term care settings
- Describe challenges related to COVID-19 management in long-term care settings along with mitigation strategies based on Nebraska experience
M. Salman Ashraf, MBBS
Associate Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine; Medical Director, Nebraska Infection Control Assessment and Promotion Program (ICAP), UNMC
Method of Participation
- Review the entire activity
- Complete the post test and evaluation
- Print online certificate
This activity will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari
- Broadband internet connection
Term of Approval
Release Date: June 9, 2020
Expiration Date: June 30, 2021
Continuing Education Credit
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is provided for 1.0 contact hour under ANCC criteria.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) through the joint providership of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education (UNMC CON CNE) (provider) and University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education (UNMC CCE).
Faculty and Planning Committee Disclosures
Disclosure Declaration (PDF)
The following planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Kelly Caverzagie, MD, FACP, FHM
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Whitney Van Arsdall
M. Salman Ashraf, MBBS has disclosed the following relationship:
Investigator – Merck & Co., Inc.