Friday, Aug. 12 • Embassy Suites Downtown/Old Market
About the Summit
With workload increases and staffing limitations due to COVID-19, the focus has been shifted away from antimicrobial stewardship in many facilities across diverse healthcare settings. Unfortunately, inappropriate antibiotic prescribing is common and can result in sub-optimal patient outcomes, development of antimicrobial resistance, and serious adverse reactions such as Clostridioides difficile infection. This summit is designed to highlight the importance of antimicrobial stewardship and focus on implementation strategies to promote facility-wide incorporation and improved antimicrobial use and patient outcomes.
This summit is intended for:
- Post-acute and long-term facilities: Long-term care providers, medical directors, infection preventionists, nurses, consultant pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, directors of nursing, quality program leaders, and all other health care workers interested in improving the management of common infections through the incorporation of antimicrobial stewardship principles.
- Outpatient facilities and acute care hospitals: family medicine providers, internal medicine providers, ambulatory care providers, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses, medical directors, quality program leaders, and all other health care workers interested in improving the management of common infections through the incorporation of antimicrobial stewardship principles.
At the conclusion of this summit, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss antimicrobial stewardship principles and implementation strategies in the post-COVID era.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the multidisciplinary team involved in antibiotic stewardship within multiple health care settings to improve the management of common infections.
- Describe how to utilize antibiotic stewardship tools to promote the appropriate use of antibiotics and improve patient outcomes.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha—Downtown Old Market
555 South 10th Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Parking is available at the Embassy Suites for registered summit participants. You will need to present your parking pass at the summit registration desk to receive a validation sticker.
Continuing Education Credit
In support of improving patient care, University of Nebraska Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center designates this activity for 6.25 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit for the actual time spent participating in the activity.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center designates this activity for 6.25 ACPE contact hours. Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit will be provided to NABP CPE Monitor within 60 days after the activity completion. Pharmacist UAN # JA0000319-0000-22-010-L04-P; Pharmacy Technician UAN # JA0000319-0000-22-010-L04-T.
Medical Laboratory Scientists
The University of Nebraska Medical Center has applied for approval as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program.
The registration fee to attend the summit is $99. Space is limited - register early!
The deadline to register online is Aug. 4.
Once online registration is closed, you will only be able to register on-site for the walk-in fee of $150. Please note that walk-in registrations will only be accepted if space is available; meals are not guaranteed.
Cancellations must be made in writing and sent by mail, fax, or email to the UNMC Center for Continuing Education. A refund of the registration fee, less $25 processing fee, will be given if the request is received by Aug. 4, 2022. No refund will be given after this date.
Please contact Bailey Wrenn via email.
If you need assistance with online registration, please call our Registration Office at 402-559-5929.