Friday, October 19, 2018
With the high prevalence of Parkinson's disease in the Midwest, this conference will address the need for coordination of care, clinical guidelines for assessment and management, as well as an update on the current recommendations for the care of the Parkinson's patient.
This conference is intended for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech pathologists.
At the conclusion of this conference, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify the epidemiology, diagnosis, and pathologies of Parkinson’s disease
- Apply evidence-based practice guidelines for medical management of early and moderate Parkinson’s disease
- Discuss medication and new treatment options for patients with Parkinson’s disease
- Explain how to manage exercise, nutrition, sleep, and lifestyle in Parkinson’s disease
- Describe the role of chemodenervation and its potential benefits in the management of Parkinson’s disease patients
- Discuss advances and emerging therapies that are available to Parkinson’s patients
- Overview of Parkinson’s Disease: Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Pathologies
- Medical Management of Early and Moderate Parkinson’s Disease
- Exercise, Nutrition, Sleep, Lifestyle
- Overview of Nutritional Research in Parkinson’s Disease
- Deep Brain Simulation and Duopa
- Advances and Emerging Therapies
Continuing Education Credits
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
5.5 Contact Hours Awarded
Nebraska Medicine is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
MW MSD Provider Approval # NE1019-5-448
You must be able to attend the entire conference to receive contact hours. No partial credit will be awarded.
This course has been approved for .55 Continuing Education Units (corresponding to 5.5 contact hours) by the Continuing Education Committee of the Nebraska Chapter American Physical Therapy Association.
This program meets the criteria for an approved continuing education program for Licensed Occupational Therapists.
This program meets the criteria for an approved continuing education program for Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.