Saturday, October 30 • 7:30 – 11:30 am
JOIN US IF YOU DARE! The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery is hosting our 4th Annual Scary Cases Conference designed to review real-life unique and rare cases in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, ophthalmology, dermatology, and oral surgery. We invite participants to submit the scariest of cases to be presented and discussed in an open, collaborative forum.
This conference is intended for physicians, physician assistants, advanced nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care personnel in the fields of ENT, dermatology, ophthalmology, and oral surgery.
At the conclusion of this conference, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify the presentation and workup of unusually challenging cases that are not normally encountered in a daily practice setting
- Recognize the role of each of our collaborating departments in treating patients with head and neck pathologies
- Apply lessons learned from the management of these particularly tough cases to their own clinical practice
- Formulate evidence-based management algorithms for challenging cases in the head and neck one might encounter
- Recognize key components of challenging cases in the head and neck that warrant further expert opinion
Live Webstream Information
This virtual conference will be delivered via the Zoom Video Conferencing software which you will need to install on your desktop, tablet, or smartphone. Instructions to access the webstream will be sent to registered participants via email a few days prior to the start of the conference.
Continuing Education Credit
In support of improving patient care, University of Nebraska Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- $25 — MDs, DOs, and APPs (This fee will be waived if you submit a scary case!)
- FREE — Nurses, fellows, residents, students, and other health care professionals
Registration Deadline: October 27, 2021
Cancellations must be made in writing and sent by mail, fax, or email to the UNMC Center for Continuing Education by October 27, 2021. No refund will be given after this date.
Please contact Bailey Wrenn, MA via email.
If you need assistance with online registration, please call our Registration Office at 402-559-5929.