CENTRIC is excited to welcome Postdoctoral Research Associates to the College of Nursing. We want to ensure that UNMC can be a home for you to grow and develop your skills.
We seek to select and sponsor individuals with research interests in self-management of chronic illness that match the research interests of our College of Nursing faculty. Additionally, these positions are intended to move Postdoctoral Research Associates toward a faculty position within the UNMC College of Nursing.
This page includes resources for Postdoctoral Research Associates and their Mentors.
As you begin your position as a Postdoctoral Research Associate it is recommended that you review the Yearly Outcomes, Expectations, Annual Review, & Mentor/Mentee Evaluations located to the right under forms.
Expectations of Postdoctoral Research Associates
- Achieve and/or make acceptable progress toward achieving CENTRIC Postdoc Yearly Outcomes.
- Submit an Individual Development Plan (IDP) within 3 months of entrance to the program.
- Complete Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training within first 6 months of assignment (if needed).
- Devote 100% effort to research activities unless a different allocation negotiated.
- Remain current on all required regulatory training based on your project and institutional requirements.
- Meet with primary mentor weekly and other mentors as needed to discuss progress and concerns. Meet with mentoring team every 6 months
- Meet (along with your mentor[s]) with the chair of the CENTRIC Postdoc Committee at least twice year (every 6 months).
- Submit an annual written report to be reviewed by the CENTRIC Postdoc Committee prior to submission to UNMC Office of Postdoctoral Education
- Join or continue active participation in a regional or national professional organization that supports your research efforts
For additional information about Postdoctoral Education at UNMC, visit the Office of Postdoctoral Education website