The goal of CENTRIC is to facilitate the creation of a data repository to promote and support research on chronic care management. We have identified common data elements (CDEs) that will be required for use in studies funded by CENTRIC. The CDEs were selected by CENTRIC leaders based on recommendations by the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) and those "frequently used in self-management studies across multiple populations and chronic conditions and where expanded use of these measures has the potential to advance self-management science." (Moore et al, 2016)
CENTRIC is working to create a data repository utilizing these CDEs. You can also Find a Data Repository from the Research Information Technology Office (RITO).
If one or more of the required measures below does not fit the focus of your proposal, please discuss this with the chair of Industry & Innovation, Anna Schwartz, at email@example.com.
CENTRIC has also gathered information of on other self-management measures/surveys to build a resource warehouse of self-management tools.
- Cognitive Symptom Management
- Communication with Physician
- Exercise Behavior
- Index of Self-Regulation
- Mental Stress Management/Relaxation
- Partners in Health Scale
- Patient Activation Measure for Family Caregivers
- Patient Assessment of Care for Chronic Conditions
- Perceived Medical Condition Self-Management Scale
- PROMIS Self-Efficacy for Managing Symptoms
- PROMIS Self-Efficacy for Managing Medications